Why You Want to Speak with a Lawyer After a Car Accident in Vandalia, OH

by | May 8, 2014 | Law

Driving can be hard to avoid in today’s society. You need to get to work and back, get to the store to buy groceries, shop for other household expenses, get children to and from school, and even visit family and friends. With all of this driving, it’s very possible that at some point in time you may be involved in a car accident, whether a small one or a large one. If you are in a Car Accident Vandalia OH lawyers will be able to help you get the compensation that you need to get on with your life. Click here for more information.

The first main type of compensation after a car accident is for the care of the car. If your car was not badly damaged, you will be able to take it to a car repair shop to have it fixed. This is usually covered by the at fault party or their insurance company. If your car was badly damaged and cannot be repaired, or the repair would cost more than the car is worth, you may receive money to compensate you for the loss of your car so that you can purchase another car.

The second main type of compensation would be for medical bills. For smaller accidents, this may not be necessary, as everyone in your car may be fine. For larger accidents, however, you may need to visit the emergency room or see a doctor after the accident to have any injuries looked at so you can recover. In this case, the person who caused the accident, or their insurance company, may have to cover your medical bills along with the repair or replacement bills for the car.

Whether your car accident is large or small, and whether you have car repairs, medical bills or both resulting from the accident, you may want to speak to a lawyer to see what compensation you may be able to receive from the person who caused the accident or their insurance company. A Car Accident Vandalia OH lawyer, such as one from Shipman Dixon & Livingston Co. L.P.A, will be able to tell you what compensation you may be able to receive and can help you get the compensation that you need for your case.


Recent Articles



Similar Posts