Should You Hire a Disability Attorney in Wheaton?

by | Jan 29, 2014 | Law

Disability can strike anyone and can be caused by both mental and physical conditions. Whether you have suffered with an illness or an injury, it is imperative you are aware of your rights to receive disability benefits. Through social security, you are entitled to receive benefits if a mental or physical condition causes you to be unable to work. Though these benefits are available, many people find the process of filing for them to be a confusing one. This is why many people end up turning to a disability attorney in Wheaton for the help they need in filing for disability and fighting for their rights. Through the help of an attorney, the process for filing for disability can be much less stressful and confusing.

What Can You Expect in Filing for Disability?

Before you even attempt to file for disability, you need to make sure you are under a doctor’s care. You will need at least two medical doctors to declare you are disabled. This is a requirement for you to be able to receive disability benefits. You will also need plenty of medical record support for your diagnosis and prognosis. The more medical proof you have, the better your chances of getting an approval in your case. Before the process of filing begins, you will need to hire your disability attorney in Wheaton. He or she will have you to sign a retainer agreement as well as a medical release so all of your medical records can be obtained. This will be especially important if you are denied your benefits and your attorney needs to file an appeal.

If you are denied, the attorney will file an appeal on your behalf. The appeal case will be heard before a judge, who will allow for medical evidence to be admitted to the court. It will then be up to the judge to make the final decision on whether or not you will be approved for your benefits.

If you have become disabled, make sure you understand your rights and do all you can to protect those rights. Contact the law office of Jeffrey A Rabin & Associates LTD and get the help you need for filing for disablility or appealing a denial.

Recent Articles



Similar Posts