Welcome To Master Plumber Inc

Hiring an SSI Lawyer in Surprise, AZ

by | Oct 12, 2020 | Attorney

Supplemental Security Income (also referred to as SSI) is a program administered by the Social Security Administration. It pays a monthly benefit to disabled, blind, and elderly people 65 and over, as well as disabled and blind children. If someone is eligible for SSI, they may also be able to get Social Security benefits with the help of an SSI Lawyer in Surprise, AZ.

Benefits to the Disabled
The Supplemental Security Income gives people the money to meet their shelter, clothing, and food needs. The benefit amount depends on the person’s income, household size, and living situation. For instance, someone living in their own home would likely receive less than another person living in an assisted living facility.

SSI for Disabled Children
A child under 18 can get SSI if a parent is getting disability or retirement benefits from the SSA, or has passed away. The child can continue to get these benefits until 19, as long as they remain a full-time student. The Law Offices of Slepian Smith, PLLC near Surprise, AZ can help their young clients get the benefits they need.

The SSA’s Eligibility Requirements
A child can receive benefits if they meet the SSA’s disability definition and if their parents’ income falls within the guidelines. SSI’s income supplementation level varies by state and rises based on increases in the cost of living.

Determining SSI Eligibility and Disability for Minors
Children’s and adults’ disabilities cannot be evaluated using the same criteria. According to the law, a child is deemed disabled if they are not working and their impairment is just as severe as that suffered by an adult. To be considered disabled, a child’s condition must prevent them from functioning on the same level as others their age.

Everyone’s situation is unique, and no two disability cases are the same. Before petitioning the SSA, you should talk to an SSI Lawyer in Surprise, AZ for help in getting the documentation you will need to get your benefits. Contact Slepian Smith, PLLC today.

Recent Articles



Similar Posts